Who can I appoint as the agent for my business entity?

You can serve as your own agent if you are a Connecticut resident. In addition, any Connecticut resident age 18 or older may legally function as your registered agent. You can also use any other business entity registered with our office that has a Connecticut address

Foreign entities may use the Secretary of the State as a registered agent.