What is a Business Domestication?

If you're a domestic or foreign entity, and you decide to change your state of formation, it is called a domestication. Your business entity may domesticate out of or domesticate into other state jurisdictions.

When a Connecticut entity files a domestication, it is “domesticating out” to another jurisdiction.  The entity must also file an appropriate document in the jurisdiction it is domesticating into. 

A foreign entity that files a domestication would be “domesticating into” Connecticut. 

A domestication cannot be filed in Connecticut to reflect a foreign business changing its state of formation to another foreign state. 

No forms are available for these types of transactions.  You will instead need to manuscript a form according to the applicable Connecticut General Statute.