Reports of any new hires should be sent to the state where the employee is reported for unemployment insurance tax purposes (which is usually the state where the employee works).
If a Company Hires out of State Employees, which state should they report them to?
Read time: 6 minutes
- Business Data
- Business Maintenance
- Closing Your Business
- Forms and Fees
- License and Permits
- Recruiting and Hiring
- Do I have to report someone under 18 or a student? What about a household employee?
- I hired an independent contractor. Do I have to report them as a new hire?
- If a Company Hires out of State Employees, which state should they report them to?
- If I hire an employee temporarily, do I have to report them as a new hire?
- What do I need to know about reporting new employees?