Yes. You must report all employees as new hires, regardless of the length of employment. If a worker maintains a relationship with your company and works periodically, you don’t have to report it as a new hire every time. However, if the employee has not worked for the company for 60 days or more, then they should be reported as a new hire.
If I hire an employee temporarily, do I have to report them as a new hire?
Read time: 6 minutes
- Business Data
- Business Maintenance
- Closing Your Business
- Forms and Fees
- License and Permits
- Recruiting and Hiring
- Do I have to report someone under 18 or a student? What about a household employee?
- I hired an independent contractor. Do I have to report them as a new hire?
- If a Company Hires out of State Employees, which state should they report them to?
- If I hire an employee temporarily, do I have to report them as a new hire?
- What do I need to know about reporting new employees?